Manila—(PHStocks)—The bulls beat the bears as the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index continued its steady growth on Monday, 26 January, buoyed by market sentiment on the European Central Bank’s (ECB) stimulus announcement last week.
The PSEi closed today’s trading at 7,586.67, up by 0.5% or 37.74 points. This is despite the profit-taking early in the session, which saw the index dropping by 23.66 points. Only the Mining and Oil and Property indices saw declines, shedding 1.66% and 0.49%, respectively. On the positive side, the Financials gained 1.15% while the Services index went up by 0.83%.
Trading volume reached 2.15 billion, valued at PhP10.24 billion. There were 92 gainers against 94 losers, while 43 stocks were flat. Foreign buying reached PhP4.27 billion while foreign selling totaled PhP4.56 billion.
- JG Summit Holdings Inc. (PSE: JGS): PhP64.05, 0.47%
- SM Prime Holdings Inc. (PSE: SMPH): PhP19.40, 1.04%
- Universal Robina Corp. (PSE: URC): PhP205.00, 1.49%
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PSE: TEL): PhP2,984.00, 0.74%
- Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI): PhP35.00, -1.82%
- Calata Corp. (PSE: CAL): PhP4.19, 11.14%
- Lafarge Republic Inc. (PSE: LRI): PhP11.32, 10.98%
- United Paragon Mining Corp. (PSE: UPM): PhP0.012, 9.09%
- MJC Investments Corp. (PSE: MJIC): PhP3.60, 6.82%
- PAL Holdings Inc. (PSE: PAL): PhP5.10, 6.25%