Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks continued their decline Wednesday, 10 December, as market sentiment remains weak.
The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index, on ther other hand, pared down losses, dropping by just 0.12% or 8.79 points to close today’s session at 7,175.08. The Financials sector has somehow recovered, gaining 0.4%, while the Industrial index ended almost flat. The Mining and Oil index, on the other hand, dropped by 0.74%.
Volume trading reached 3 billion shares, valued at PhP8.69 billion. Foreign buying totaled PhP4.71 billion, while foreign selling reached PhP4.42 billion, for a net buy of PhP290 million. There were 64 gainers compared to 109 losers, while 52 stocks were flat.
Top most active:
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PSE: TEL): PhP2,814.00, -0.57%
- Universal Robina Corp. (PSE: URC): PhP190.70, -1.04%
- SM Prime Holdings Inc. (PSE: SMPH): PhP16.44, 0.24%
- Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI): PhP34.00, -0.15%
- BDO Unibank Inc. (PSE: BDO): PhP105.00, NC
- 2GO Group Inc. (PSE: 2GO): PhP3.80, 12.43%
- Anchor Land Holdings Inc. (PSE: ALHI): PhP11.76, 10.94%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP2.95, 8.86%
- Manila Mining Corp. “A” (PSE: MA): PhP0.015, 7.14%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.015, 7.14%