Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks surged higher on Monday, 3 November, buyoed by all-time highs on Friday trading in Wall Street, where the Dow edged higher by 1.13 percent and the S&P 500 added 1.17 percent, while NASDAQ went up by 1.41%.
The mainboard Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index gained 1.35% or 97.12 points to close at 7,312.85—breaching the 7,300 level again.
All counters were in the green, led by the Services sector, which grew by 2.02%, followed by Industrials, which increased by 1.2%.
Volume reached 8.57 billion, valued at PhP7.66 billion. There were 98 gainers against 83 losers, while 47 stocks were flat.
Top most active:
- GT Capital Holdings Inc. (PSE: GTCAP): PhP1,024.00, 1.39%
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PSE: TEL): PhP3,262.00, 4.42%
- SM Investments Corp. (PSE: SM): PhP799.00, 1.98%
- Bloomberry Resorts Corp. (PSE: BLOOM): PhP15.58, 0.39%
- Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI): PhP34.00, 1.49%
- Makati Finance Corp. (PSE: MFIN): PhP5.99, 19.8%
- Forum Pacific Inc. (PSE: FPI): PhP0.55, 12.24%
- Century Peak Metals Holdings Corp. (PSE: CPM): PhP0.96, 7.87%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP2.88, 7.46%
- Island Information and Technology Inc. (PSE: IS): PhP0.73, 7.35%
- Bright Kindle Resources & Investments Inc. (PSE: BKR): PhP3.52, 6.67%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corp. “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.016, 6.67%
- EasyCall Communications Philippines Inc. (PSE: ECP): PhP3.39, 5.94%
- 8990 Holdings Inc. (PSE: HOUSE): PhP7.20, 5.26%
- AG Finance Inc. (PSE: AGF): PhP4.20, 5%
- Unioil Resources & Holdings Co. Inc. (PSE: UNI): PhP0.495, -10%
- MJC Investments Corp. (PSE: MJIC): PhP3.16, -9.71%
- Swift Foods Inc. (PSE: SFI): PhP0.24, -9.43%
- Central Azucarera De Tarlac (PSE: CAT): PhP100.00, -9.09%
- Waterfront Philippines Inc. (PSE: WPI): PhP0.41, -7.87%
- Apex Mining Co. Inc. (PSE: APX): PhP3.25, -7.14%
- MRC Allied Inc. (PSE: MRC): PhP0.155, -6.06%
- GMA Network Inc. (PSE: GMA7): PhP7.09, -5.34%
- iRipple Inc. (PSE: RPL): PhP35.00, -5.28%
- Liberty Flour Mills Inc. (PSE: LFM): PhP58.00, -4.92%