Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks extended their gains Tuesday, 8 October, amid continued investor optimism in the country’s economy.
The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) finished the rough trading day at 6,454.86, up by 0.18% or 11.65 points, despite losing almost 33.81 in morning trade when investors lock in their gains from the previous day’s surge.
On a sectoral basis, the Property sector led the gainers, posting a 1.85% increase, followed by the Mining and Oil segment, which rose by 0.64%. The Financials sector, on the other hand, was the biggest loser, albeit just declining by 0.59%.
Today’s most active stocks in terms of value include Universal Robina Corp. (URC, PhP118.60, NC), SM Investments Corp. (SM, PhP839.00, 0.24%), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,996.00, -0.13%), Emperador Inc. (EMP, PhP9.70, 4.98%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP25.65, 2.40%), Metro Pacific Investments Corp. (MPI, PhP4.62, -0.43%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Co. (MBT, PhP85.05, -0.82%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP29.75, 3.30%), BDO Unibank Inc. (BDO, PhP76.90, -0.71%), and International Container Terminal Services Inc. (ICT, PhP101.30, -0.10%).
- Chemical Industries of the Philippines (PSE: CIP): PhP246.00, 42.20%
- Asia Amalgamated Holdings (PSE: AAA): PhP2.00, 14.29%
- Ever-Gotesco Resources & Holdings Inc. (PSE: EVER): PhP0.275, 12.24%
- GLOBALPORT 900 Inc. (PSE: PORT): PhP8.75, 9.38%
- Marcventures Holdings Inc. (PSE: MARC): PhP2.38, 8.68%
- Melco Crown (Philippines) Resorts Corp. (PSE: MCP): PhP11.12, 5.90%
- Cyber Bay Corp. (PSE: CYBR): PhP0.55, 5.77%
- Prime Media Holdings Inc. (PSE: PRIM): PhP1.30, 5.69%
- Emperador Inc. (PSE: EMP): PhP9.70, 4.98%
- Manila Mining Corp. “A” (PSE: MA): PhP0.023, 4.55%
- Euro-Med Laboratories Philippines Inc. (PSE: EURO): PhP1.01, -32.67%
- iRipple Inc. (PSE: RPL): PhP14.94, -12.12%
- Mabuhay Vinyl Corp. (PSE: MVC): PhP2.88, -9.72%
- City & Land Developers Inc. (PSE: LAND): PhP1.56, -8.77%
- United Paragon Mining Corp. (PSE: UPM): PhP0.011, -8.33%
- Omico Corp. (PSE: OM): PhP0.44, -8.33%
- I-Remit Inc. (PSE: I): PhP2.75, -7.72%
- Greenergy Holdings Inc. (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.012, -7.69%
- Roxas Holdings Inc. (PSE: ROX): PhP2.31, -6.85%
- 2GO Group Inc. (PSE: 2GO): PhP1.60, -5.88%