Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks soared on Thursday, 19 September, buoyed by the U.S. Federal Reserve’s announcement that they will maintain the economic stimulus package – surprising many who have been speculating for the longest time that the central bank would cut back on its $85 billion a month bond-buying program.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) jumped by 2.81% or 177.74 points to close today’s trading at 6,511.7 – breaking the 6500 barrier again.
All counters are back in the green, led by the Property sector (+4.65%), followed by the Financials (+4.08%). Leading the property segment is MEG, which gained 7.1%, followed by CPG, which edged higher by 6.58%. The Financials, meanwhile, was led by BDO, which posted a 6.67% gain, followed by SECB, which gained 6.57%. The wider All Shares index, meanwhile, gained 2.38%.
Today’s most active stocks in terms of value are Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP26.00, NC), BDO Unibank Inc. (BDO, PhP80.00, 6.67%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT, PhP88.60, 3.63%), SM Investments Corp. (SM, PhP829.50, 5.67%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP29.45, 4.8%), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP17.60, 4.14%), Megaworld Corp. (MEG, PhP3.47, 7.1%), Manila Electric Company (MER, PhP286.00, 3.03%), Ayala Corp. (AC, PhP619.00, 5.63%), and Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI, PhP100.00, 3.09%).
- Vivant Corp. (PSE: VVT): PhP12.00, 33.33%
- Panasonic Manufacturing Philippines Corp. (PSE: PMPC): PhP6.50, 30%
- United Paragon Mining Corp. (PSE: UPM): PhP0.012, 9.09%
- NextStage Inc. (PSE: NXT): PhP2.15, 8.04%
- LMG Chemicals Corp. (PSE: LMG): PhP3.04, 7.8%
- Greenergy Holdings Incorporated (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.014, 7.69%
- Megaworld Corporation (PSE: MEG): PhP3.47, 7.1%
- Integrated Micro-Electronics Inc. (PSE: IMI): PhP3.40, 6.92%
- South China Resources Inc. (PSE: SOC): PhP1.10, 6.8%
- BDO Unibank Inc. (BDO, PhP80.00, 6.67%
- SPC Power Corp. (PSE: SPC): PhP4.80, 6.67%
- iRipple Inc. (PSE: RPL): PhP14.50, -8.81%
- A Brown Company Inc. (PSE: BRN): PhP1.35, -6.25%
- Millennium Global Holdings Inc. (PSE: MG): PhP0.37, -5.13%
- Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc. (PSE: AEV): PhP47.20, -4.55%
- IRC Properties Inc. (PSE: IRC): PhP1.51, -4.43%
- Ionics Inc. (PSE: ION): PhP0.48, -4%
- Zeus Holdings Inc. (PSE: ZHI): PhP0.385, -3.75%
- MacroAsia Corp. (PSE: MAC): PhP2.10, -3.67%
- Holcim Philippines Inc. (PSE: HLCM): PhP12.50, -3.25%
- IP Converge Data Center Inc. (PSE: CLOUD): PhP6.00, -3.23%