Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks were down in the first trading day of September as investors locked in their gains from last month. The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) slid by 0.22% or 13.37 points to 6,061.8 at the close of the market today, 2 September.
Except for the Holding Firms (+1.29%) and Industrial (+0.63%) sectors, all counters are in the red, led by the Property segment, which shed 1.56%, followed by the Services, which lost 1.28%. The wider All Shares index, on the other hand, gained 0.26%.
Trading was heavy in terms of volume, which reached 20.39 billion shares valued at PhP6.31 billion. According to PSE, foreign buying reached PhP2.97 billion, while foreign selling was PhP3.63 billion. There were 66 gainers against 77 losers, while 44 stocks were flat.
Today’s most active stocks include SM Investments Corp. (SM, PhP705.00, 5.22%), BDO Unibank Inc. (BDO, PhP73.00, -1.35%), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP16.20, NC), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,860.00, -0.63%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP26.70, 2.69%), Ayala Corp. (AC, PhP534.00, -2.02%), Universal Robina Corp. (URC, PhP120.00, 0.08%), Security Bank Corp. (SECB, PhP119.00, 1.28%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP25.85, -2.45%), and Globe Telecom Inc. (GLO, PhP1,511.00, -0.66%).
- United Paragon Mining Corp. (PSE: UPM): PhP0.012, 20%
- Calapan Ventures Inc. (PSE: H2O): PhP6.15, 18.27%
- Boulevard Holdings Inc. (PSE: BHI): PhP0.135, 11.57%
- Bankard Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP1.08, 8%
- Medco Holdings Inc. (PSE: MED): PhP0.27, 8%
- MRC Allied Inc. (PSE: MRC): PhP0.097, 7.78%
- PAL Holdings Inc. (PSE: PAL): PhP5.60, 7.69%
- Mabuhay Holdings Corporation (PSE: MHC): PhP0.60, 7.14%
- Alliance Select Foods International Inc. (PSE: FOOD): PhP1.19, 6.25%
- Philippine Business Bank (PSE: PBB): PhP24.40, 6.09%
- Island Information and Technology Inc. (PSE: IS): PhP0.04, -11.11%
- Concrete Aggregates Corp. “A” (PSE: CA): PhP45.00, -10%
- Philex Petroleum Corp. (PSE: PXP): PhP11.06, -7.83%
- Premiere Horizon Alliance Corp. (PSE: PHA): PhP0.27, -6.9%
- Sinophil Corp. (PSE: SINO): PhP0.28, -6.67%
- Benguet Corp. “B” (PSE: BCB): PhP8.00, -5.88%
- Starmalls Inc. (PSE: STR): PhP3.64, -5.45%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corp. “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.018, -5.26%
- International Container Terminal Services Inc. (PSE: ICT): PhP90.00, -5.26%
- Waterfront Philippines Inc. (PSE: WPI): PhP0.38, -5%