Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks recover as investors hunt for bargain after weak trading last week. The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index went up by 0.62% or 39.58 points to close the day’s trading at 6,443.81.
Except for the Financials sector (-0.02%), all indexes were up, led by the Property sector, which gained 1.66%. The Holding Firms sector increased by 0.82% while the Mining and Oil index went up by 0.77%. The wider All Shares index, meanwhile, improved by 0.47%.
Today’s trading was very heavy. Value turnover reached PhP68.95 billion on 8.47 billion shares traded. There were 80 gainers against 69 losers, while 38 stocks remained flat.
Most active stocks include SM Investments Corporation (SM, PhP821.00, -0.67%), Universal Robina Corporation (URC, PhP116.00, -0.85%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP29.60, +2.07%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT, PhP104.90, -1.32%), International Container Terminal Services Inc. (ICT, PhP93.10, +2.93%), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP3,074.00, NC), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP26.20, +0.38%), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP16.96, +2.29%), Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPI, PhP5.24, +2.75%), and Ayala Corp. (AC, PhP601.00, +0.33%).
- MJCI Investments Inc. (PSE: MJIC): PhP4.40, +27.54%
- Sun Life Financial Inc. (PSE: SLF): PhP1,450.00, +10.27%
- IRC Properties Inc. (PSE: IRC): PhP1.39, +8.59%
- Jolliville Holdings Corporation (PSE: JOH): PhP6.50, +7.44%
- Maybank ATR Kim Eng Financial Corporation (PSE: MAKE): PhP29.35, +6.53%
- Vista Land & Lifescapes Inc. (PSE: VLL): PhP6.05, +5.95%
- Filipino Fund Inc. (PSE: FFI): PhP15.60, +5.26%
- Cebu Air Inc. (PSE: CEB): PhP65.50, +4.8%
- Island Information and Technology Inc. (PSE: IS): PhP0.046, +4.55%
- Nickel Asia Corporation (PSE: NIKL): PhP16.70, +4.38%
- GLOBALPORT 900 Inc. (PSE: PORT): PhP10.98, -15.41%
- Pacifica Inc. (PSE: PA): PhP0.033, -15.38%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.12, -10.4%
- Concrete Aggregates Corporation “A” (PSE: CA): PhP50.05, -9%
- Far Eastern University Inc. (PSE: FEU): PhP1,150.00, -8.73%
- Manila Jockey Club Inc. (PSE: MJC): PhP2.10, -8.7%
- Liberty Telecoms Holdings Inc. (PSE: LIB): PhP1.95, -7.14%
- Greenergy Holdings Incorporated (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.015, -6.25%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.016, -5.88%
- Alsons Consolidated Resources Inc. (PSE: ACR): PhP1.30, -5.8%