Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks continued their rally Friday, 30 August, as investors loaded up on their positions amid bullish market outlook.
The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) climbed back to the 6,000 level, closing the week’s trading at 6,075.17, up by 2.2% or 130.96 points.
Leading the charge was the Property sector, which gained 2.81%, followed by the Holding Firms segment, which increased by 2.53%. The wider All Shares index, meanwhile, went up by 2.02%.
Today’s trading was heavy. Value turnover reached PhP14.43 billion on 1.25 billion shares traded. According to PSE data, foreign buying reached PhP8.65 billion, while foreign selling was PhP10.6 billion. There were 100 gainers against 53 losers, while 37 stocks were flat.
Today’s most active stocks include SM Investments Corp. (SM, PhP670.00, 1.36%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP26.50, 3.31%), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,878.00, 2.79%), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP16.20, 2.27%), Ayala Corp. (AC, PhP545.00, 2.44%), Security Bank Corp. (SECB, PhP117.50, 6.33%), BDO Unibank Inc. (BDO, PhP74.00, 0.95%), Universal Robina Corp. (URC, PhP119.90, 5.64%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP26.00, 5.48%), and Jollibee Foods Corp. (JFC, PhP161.00, -3.59%).
- A Brown Company Inc. (PSE: BRN): PhP1.70, 19.72%
- NextStage Inc. (PSE: NXT): PhP2.20, 15.79%
- Berjaya Philippines Inc. (PSE: BCOR): PhP21.85, 9.80%
- Information Capital Technology Ventures Inc. (PSE: ICTV): PhP0.42, 9.09%
- Philex Petroleum Corp. (PSE: PXP): PhP12.00, 8.89%
- San Miguel Pure Foods Company Inc. (PSE: PF): PhP240.20, 8%
- Asia Amalgamated Holdings (PSE: AAA): PhP2.70, 8.00%
- RFM Corp. (PSE: RFM): PhP4.64, 7.91%
- LT Group Inc. (PSE: LTG): PhP19.42, 7.89%
- Suntrust Home Developers Inc. (PSE: SUN): PhP1.79, 7.83%
- Jolliville Holdings Corp. (PSE: JOH): PhP5.55, -14.62%
- Calapan Ventures Inc. (PSE: H2O): PhP5.20, -13.33%
- Cyber Bay Corp. (PSE: CYBR): PhP0.52, -10.34%
- Wellex Industries Inc. (PSE: WIN): PhP0.217, -9.58%
- United Paragon Mining Corp. (PSE: UPM): PhP0.01, -9.09%
- Medco Holdings Inc. (PSE: MED): PhP0.25, -7.41%
- Cityland Development Corp. (PSE: CDC): PhP1.05, -7.08%
- Alliance Select Foods International Inc. (PSE: FOOD): PhP1.12, -6.67%
- Crown Equities Inc. (PSE: CEI): PhP0.071, -6.58%
- Century Peak Metals Holdings Corp. (PSE: CPM): PhP0.66, -5.71%