Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks continued their slump Tuesday, 6 August, as investors stay in the sidelines ahead of the “ghost month”. The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index slid by 1.37% or 88.95pts to close today’s session at 6,420.78.
The Mining and Oil index continue to gain albeit slowly; today, the index inched higher by 0.23%. The losing sectors was led by the Financials index, which shed 1.93%, followed by the Industrials, which lost 1.7%. The wider All Shares index lost 1.13%.
Trading was moderate. Value turnover reached PhP5.95 billion on 668 million shares traded. Foreign buying reached PhP3.3 billion while foreign selling reached PhP3.92 billion. There were 43 gainers against 111 decliners, while 38 stocks were flat.
Today’s most active stocks include Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI, PhP92.00, -3.06%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP26.00, -1.89%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT, PhP105.90, -1.03%), SM Investments Corporation (SM, PhP859.00, -2.50%), Universal Robina Corporation (URC, PhP120.00, -2.44%), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP3,080.00, -0.06%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP28.85, -1.54%), BDO Unibank Inc. (BDO, PhP78.80, -1.50%), Megaworld Corporation (MEG, PhP3.23, +0.94%), Manila Electric Company (MER, PhP276.00, -0.72%).
- Ginebra San Miguel Inc. (PSE: GSMI): PhP16.50, +14.74%
- Megaworld Corporation WARRANTS1 (PSE: MEGW1): PhP2.47, +12.79%
- Bankard Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP1.09, +5.83%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.019, +5.56%
- Del Monte Pacific Limited (PSE: DMPL): PhP29.95, +5.27%
- Republic Glass Holdings Corporation (PSE: REG): PhP2.73, +5.00%
- Sta. Lucia Land Inc. (PSE: SLI): PhP0.68, +4.62%
- Calapan Ventures Inc. (PSE: H2O): PhP6.44, +4.55%
- Paxys Inc. (PSE: PAX): PhP2.08, +4.00%
- Starmalls Inc. (PSE: STR): PhP3.88, +3.74%
- GLOBALPORT 900 Inc. (PSE: PORT): PhP9.60, -28.68%
- SPC Power Corporation (PSE: SPC): PhP4.80, -9.43%
- Citystate Savings Bank Inc. (PSE: CSB): PhP11.54, -7.68%
- Philippine Seven Corporation (PSE: SEVN): PhP130.00, -6.47%
- Prime Media Holdings Inc. (PSE: PRIM): PhP1.61, -6.40%
- Cityland Development Corporation (PSE: CDC): PhP1.05, -6.25%
- Filipino Fund Inc. (PSE: FFI): PhP14.82, -5.84%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.017, -5.56%
- Araneta Properties Inc. (PSE: ARA): PhP1.32, -5.04%
- Liberty Telecoms Holdings Inc. (PSE: LIB): PhP2.00, -4.76%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation “B” (PSE: OPMB): PhP0.02, -4.76%