Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks declined Friday, 19 July, as investors cash in on their gains after a rally the previous day. The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index kept its hold on the 6,600 level, closing the week at 6,621.02, up by 0.41%.
Only the Mining and Oil (+0.57%) and Holding Firms (+0.06%) managed to eke out gains. The losing sectors are led by the Financials, which lost close to 1%. The Property index, on the other hand, shed 0.57%. The wider All Shares index declined by 0.48%.
Trading was heavy, with value turnover reaching PhP26.57 billion on 1.29 billion. According to PSE data, foreign buying was PhP12.53 billion while foreign selling reached PhP5.45 billion.
The day’s top gainers are Manila Electric Company (PSE: MER, PhP277.60, -8.2%), BDO Unibank Inc. (BDO, PhP84.65, -1.86%), Universal Robina Corporation (URC, PhP127.70, +0.55%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT, PhP108.00, -2.09%), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,970.00, +0.47%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP25.50, +2.82%), SM Investments Corporation (SM, PhP950.00, NC), Ayala Corp. (AC, PhP623.00, 1.3%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP30.50, -1.45%), and Megaworld Corporation (MEG, PhP3.46.00, +1.47%).
- Federal Resources Investment Group Inc. (PSE: FED): PhP8.88, +20.33%
- Concrete Aggregates Corporation “A” (PSE: CA): PhP59.90, +13.13%
- Philippine Racing Club Inc. (PSE: PRC): PhP9.90, +12.5%
- Ionics Inc. (PSE: ION): PhP0.56, +12%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.30, +7.44%
- Calapan Ventures Inc. (PSE: H2O): PhP6.97, +7.07%
- Calata Corporation (PSE: CAL): PhP3.69, +6.65%
- 2GO Group Inc. (PSE: 2GO): PhP1.79, +5.29%
- Euro-Med Laboratories Philippines Inc. (PSE: EURO): PhP2.00, +5.26%
- Highlands Prime Inc. (PSE: HP): PhP2.42, +5.22%
- Information Capital Technology Ventures Inc. (PSE: ICTV): PhP0.355, -10.13%
- Manila Electric Company (PSE: MER): PhP277.60, -8.2%
- DFNN Inc. (PSE: DFNN): PhP4.01, -7.82%
- Vivant Corporation (PSE: VVT): PhP9.00, -7.69%
- Republic Glass Holdings Corporation (PSE: REG): PhP2.55, -7.27%
- Touch Solutions Inc. (PSE: TSI): PhP11.18, -6.52%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP1.13, -5.83%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.017, -5.56%
- Primex Corporation (PSE: PRMX): PhP2.82, -5.37%
- Solid Group Inc. (PSE: SGI): PhP1.72, -4.44%