Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks extended their gains for a third straight session Tuesday, 18 June, as investors continue to hunt for bargains. The mainboard Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index grew by 2.83% or 179.36 points to close the session at 6,518.77 – a strong turnaround from sharp declines last week.
All counters in the green, led by the Holding Firms index, which posted a 3.8% gain. The Property sector continued to recover its losses last week, gaining 2.46% in today’s session. The Financials index, on the other hand, was up by 2.24%.
Trading was just moderate. Value turnover reached PhP6.87 billion on 901 million shares traded. There were 107 gainers against 50 losers, while 46 stocks were flat.
Top most active stocks were Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (PSE: SMPH), Universal Robina Corporation (PSE: URC), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (Metrobank, PSE: MBT), SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI), Puregold Price Club Inc. (PSE: PGOLD), Ayala Corp. (PSE: AC), and BDO Unibank Inc. (PSE: BDO).
- MJCI Investments Inc. (PSE: MJIC): PhP4.50, +50.00%
- Euro-Med Laboratories Philippines Inc. (PSE: EURO): PhP1.90, +8.57%
- Universal Robina Corporation (PSE: URC): PhP119.00, +8.18%
- Megawide Construction Corporation (PSE: MWIDE): PhP21.70, +7.96%
- ABS-CBN Holdings Corporation – Phil. Deposit Receipts (PSE: ABSP): PhP44.00, +7.32%
- Greenergy Holdings Incorporated (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.016, +6.67%
- JG Summit Holdings Inc. (JG Summit, PSE: JGS): PhP40.95, +6.23%
- Asiabest Group International Inc. (PSE: ABG): PhP19.00, +5.56%
- Shang Properties Inc. (PSE: SHNG): PhP3.80, +5.56%
- SM Development Corporation (PSE: SMDC): PhP7.92, +5.46%
- Federal Resources Investment Group Inc. (PSE: FED): PhP6.00, -14.29%
- Southeast Asia Cement Holdings Inc. (PSE: CMT): PhP1.16, -10.77%
- Imperial Resources Inc. “A” (PSE: IMP): PhP4.55, -9%
- Mabuhay Holdings Corporation (PSE: MHC): PhP0.55, -8.33%
- LMG Chemicals Corporation (PSE: LMG): PhP2.03, -7.73%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.20, -7.69%
- Ginebra San Miguel Inc. (PSE: GSMI): PhP13.62, -7.22%
- PetroEnergy Resources Corporation (PSE: PERC): PhP6.08, -7.03%
- Manila Bulletin Publishing Corporation (PSE: MB): PhP0.72, -6.49%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.018, -5.26%