Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks recovered their losses from profit taking as investors retook positions to take advantage of higher yields. The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index regained its footing at the 6,700 level, closing the trading day on Friday, 26 April, at 7,025.44 – up by 0.43%.
All counters were back in the green, led by the Services sector, which gained 0.93%. The Mining and Oil sector increased by 0.56%, while the Holding Firms sector edged higher by 0.43%. The wider All Shares index, on the other hand, edged higher by 0.46%.
Trading was heavy, with value turnover reaching PhP10.23 billion and trading volume hitting 5.88 billion. There were 97 gainers against 69 losers, while 46 stocks remained flat.
The following are the most active stocks in terms of value: Melco Crown (Philippines) Resorts Corporation (PSE: MCP), Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL), Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI), Alcorn Gold Resources Corporation (PSE: APM).
The top gainers for the day are as follows:
- Boulevard Holdings Inc. (PSE: BHI): PhP0.179, +15.48%
- GLOBALPORT 900 Inc. (PSE: PORT): PhP14.48, +13.30%
- Splash Corporation (PSE: SPH): PhP2.00, +9.29%
- Yehey! Corporation (PSE: YEHEY): PhP1.49, +7.19%
- Premiere Horizon Alliance Corporation (PSE: PHA): PhP0.36, +5.88%
- Prime Media Holdings Inc. (PSE: PRIM): PhP2.07, +5.61%
- RFM Corporation (PSE: RFM): PhP5.59, +5.47%
- DFNN Inc. (PSE: DFNN): PhP4.64, +5.45%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.022, +4.76%
- Megawide Construction Corporation (PSE: MWIDE): PhP20.95, +4.75%
The top losers, meanwhile, are below:
- iRipple Inc. (PSE: RPL): PhP8.30, -7.78%
- Filipino Fund Inc. (PSE: FFI): PhP18.70, -5.94%
- Phoenix Petroleum Philippines Inc. (PSE: PNX): PhP8.90, -5.72%
- Pancake House Inc. (PSE: PCKH): PhP11.50, -4.49%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation “B” (PSE: OPMB): PhP0.022, -4.35%
- Alcorn Gold Resources Corporation (PSE: APM): PhP0.171, -3.93%
- SPC Power Corporation (PSE: SPC): PhP5.00, -3.66%
- Highlands Prime Inc. (PSE: HP): PhP2.45, -3.54%
- Zeus Holdings Inc. (PSE: ZHI): PhP0.445, -3.26%
- Chemrez Technologies Inc. (PSE: COAT): PhP2.98, -3.25%