Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks are up for the fourth straight session as investors continue to hunt for bargains and stock up on positions in time for companies’ first quarter results. The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index went up by 1.02% or 67.53 points to 6,665.12, a considerably strong performance amid lacklustre results in most bourses in the region.
All counters are in the green, led by the Holding Firms and Services indices, which gained 1.42% and 1.4%, respectively. The wider all shares index, meanwhile, grew by 0.63%.
Trading was slightly heavy, with value turnover reaching PhP9 billion on 2.93 billion shares traded. There were 88 gainers and 59 decliners, while 48 stocks were flat.
Among the most active stocks are Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. “Common” (PSE: TEL), Robinsons Land Corporation (PSE: RLC), SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), and Universal Robina Corporation (PSE: URC).
Below are the biggest gainers for the day:
- Highlands Prime Inc. (PSE: HP): PhP2.28, +12.87%
- Medco Holdings Inc. (PSE: MED): PhP0.58, +9.43%
- City & Land Developers Inc. (PSE: LAND): PhP2.47, +9.29%
- Sta. Lucia Land Inc. (PSE: SLI): PhP1.04, +8.33%
- Greenergy Holdings Incorporated (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.019, +5.56%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP1.00, +5.26%
- Benguet Corporation “B” (PSE: BCB): PhP17.98, +5.15%
- Waterfront Philippines Inc. (PSE: WPI): PhP0.41, +5.13%
- Mabuhay Holdings Corporation (PSE: MHC): PhP0.62, +5.08%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.021, +5%
Below are the day’s biggest decliners:
- iRipple Inc. (PSE: RPL): PhP8.02, -10.89%
- Transpacific Broadband Group International Inc. (PSE: TBGI): PhP1.99, -9.13%
- Asia Amalgamated Holdings (PSE: AAA): PhP4.40, -7.17%
- Swift Foods Inc. – Convertible Preferred (PSE: SFIP): PhP1.22, -6.15%
- Anchor Land Holdings Inc. (PSE: ALHI): PhP19.00, -5.94%
- Filipino Fund Inc. (PSE: FFI): PhP20.80, -5.88%
- Mariwasa Siam Holdings Inc. (PSE: MMI): PhP5.09, -3.96%
- Millenium Global Holdings Inc. (PSE: MG): PhP0.62, -3.13%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.00, -2.91%
- Prime Orion Philippines Inc. (PSE: POPI): PhP0.70, -2.78%