Local shares remain in the red, with the main board Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) dropping 1.4% to end at 3,784.07 points Tuesday, amid soaring oil prices brought about by tensions in the Middle East.
The Property index suffered the biggest decline, shedding 2.44%, followed by the Financials sector (-1.62%) and Industrial sector (-1.35%).
Trading volume reached 2.92 billion, valued at PhP3.29 billion. Losers greatly outnumber gainers 97 to 23, while 43 stocks remain unchanged.
Of the 23 stocks that bucked the trend, the following are the top 10:
The top five biggest losers, meanwhile, are as follows:
- Omico Corp. – WARRANTS (PSE: OMW2): PhP0.002, -28.57%
- Island Information & Technology Inc. (PSE: IS): PhP0.051, -10.53%
- F&J Prince Holdings Corp. “A” (PSE: FJP): PhP1.02, -8.93%
- Imperial Resources Inc. “A” (PSE: IMP): PhP5.50, -8.33%
- Ever-Gotesco Resources and Holdings Inc. (PSE: EVER): PhP0.11, -8.33%